RadioRevolution - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* RadioRevolution > Topics

Subject: Whine and Complain
Replies: 3 Views: 761

nightpup 19.06.10 - 08:43am
The place to complain about the radio, chart system, etc. *

nightpup 27.06.10 - 07:31am
Rather than having almost nothing than corporate radio and almost nothing but Top 40 stations, I think more choices would be better. Since Top 40 in in any given genre is, by definition, a pretty small number and the difference between one such station's music selection (within genre) probably wouldn't be too great, there probably doesn't really need to be so many of them. Sure, a few would be fine, but then we should have maybe a station that plays nothing but unsigned or barely signed bands and another that plays maybe......songs from lower down the music charts. One could play songs from other countries. There could be stations dedicated to playing the more fringe types of music like: punk, goth, etc. Which is probably better than making those people wait for The Goth Hour just to hear something they like. Thoughts anyone? *

candyqty 15.07.10 - 08:58am
I think alot of ppl would have a problem with that. personally,i might like it for 1 week and then hate it the other.sometimes amateur bands are greAT,but,sometimes they are nOT. so,then u have the issue of,who decides what is good and what s*cks. u vote..hmm..a top 40 maybe.. hey,and we're back at square 1. in general it sounds like a good idea,maybe inbetween popular bands,play less well known ones..ppl have to start out somewhare *

nightpup 15.07.10 - 11:40am
The point isn't voting for who's good, the point is allowing more bands/music to be heard. There would still be Top 40 stations (providing the chart system still existed), there just wouldn't be practically ONLY Top 40 and otherwise corporate radio. The station playing amateur bands would only be maybe one station, maybe a couple, but not all across the board, so if you didn't like hearing the bands, you could change the station to one that plays the major bands instead. That's another part of the point, there would be a choice. There isn't much of a choice now. *

* RadioRevolution Forum

Search:
topics replies

* RadioRevolution

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits